Wednesday, June 13, 2007

getting back to work

... which entails getting back to reading blogs in my down time. I thought this was cute today:

http://rooijan.livejournal.com/12382.html

I just got off the phone with my "friend" at the NIH. He said I need to wait a few more weeks... again. I remember that when I submitted my application a published time line accompanied the instructions. (I know, I'm lucky there was even a time line to begin with.) The time line clearly stated that a meeting in May would decide the fate of my grant, and the earliest possible date for funding to commence was May 1st. Turns out the meeting didn't happen until June 7th. Now that the meeting has come and gone, it turns out that they must have discussed what sandwiches to order rather than what grants should be funded because they still have not made a decision on the payline.

Two more weeks. Do I dare hope to hear good news from them then?

No comments: